Monday, May 9, 2011

mothers day

It seems each mother's day we end up relaxing in nature. Since Taylor was only a little over a week old it was a good excuse to miss church and get some spiritual enlightenment in the Smokey Mountains. After driving along Foothills Pkwy where we had great views of the valley on one side and the mountains on the other we stopped for lunch near the entrance to the park. From our table we could see a big grassy field with a perfect shade tree. Needless to say we didn't make it into the park but the nap under the tree was perfect.

Photobucket
Ellie made me a necklace first thing in the morning, it matched my outfit perfectly! Taylor and I had thrush for about a week. Her lips are purple in this picture from the gentian violet I was putting in her mouth. The kids thought she had been eating purple Popsicles.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

2 comments:

Cammie said...

What a nice Mother's Day and a perfect necklace. Taylor is yummy. I need to snuggle her.

Do you two have thrush still? I don't like that junk, it's painful and nasty.

Natalie said...

Happy mothers day! Little Taylor is so cute! I can't wait to see her!