Saturday, June 13, 2009

ride 4 autism

Photobucket

A great day! Ellie and Cody got to play all morning with their new friend, Jessie (their babysitter) and I got to go on a long bike ride. The kids and I are starting to get on each others nerves from being around eachother 24/7 so I finally got a babysitter twice this week (thank you Shana and Jessie!) I found out about the Ride 4 Autism earlier this week and decided it would be a great way to do a longer route in an unfamilar area. You can choose different routes from 7 miles to 100 and I decided 55 would be good yet doable challenge. Any longer and I need a friend to help to draft (as if I really do longer rides, ha!) I was able to ride a couple times with some big groups which was nice - drafting is so wierd to me how just having one or two people in front of you actually can feel like a vacuum. You hardly have to pedal!

Photobucket
The ride was mostly farm and small towns. This was a simple little barn but one of my favorites, not to metion the Porche framed quite nicely in the doorway.

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

Erin said...

so pretty. and i forgot to ask how it went today. jess told me about it, but i thought you were running. and 55 miles? court, have i ever told you you're my hero? for lots of reasons.

Natalie said...

What a beautiful ride! I can't believe it, 55 miles! You go!