Monday, October 1, 2007

boating in the winter

So here are some pictures from our latest adventure, Lake Powell. Our trip basically consisted of these three things: wind, cold, and wind. Combine that with camping and needless to say, we bagged it on Saturday and left. Joe and Ash went home (they also had the great experience of their tent blowing down on them during the night) and we went to Capital Reef. Powell was actually pretty fun despite the wind and I'm glad to say we were sucessful campers (meaning Ellie and Cody slept great). But Capital Reef is one of my favorite places ever. Growing up it was a favorite family vacation and I can't believe it has taken me this long to take Justin there. The entire day we were there we both kept saying, "This is my favorite day ever!"



An Apple or a Cody. Both so juicy and delicious; it's a hard decision, so I picked both.



The deer here are quite tame. When I was here 10 years ago, I huge buck ate an apple right out of my hand. This is about as close as we could get, probably because Ellie kept yelling, "COME AND GET THE APPLE DEER!"



This pioneer home is now a really cute little gift shop. We bought homemade strawberry ruhbarb pie ice cream. Ellie is modeling the apron I bought her as well.


Hickman Bridge. A fun little hike.

No comments: