Saturday, June 7, 2008

berry picking

Today we had our first taste of the east coast heat and it was way worse than I imagined. I felt so badly for Justin out there selling all day - who wants to let some salesman in with sweat dripping down his face? Ugh!

A few other girls and I braved the heat and went the the Linvilla Strawberry Fest. There are tons of fun things for kids and I plan to go back often. The farm is entirely "pick your own" so next month will be the raspberry fest - so fun!

Photobucket
Notice the sweat dripping down her nose.

Photobucket
Ellie and I ended up going by ourselves so Jess and I could trade watching the babies (Walker and Cody). We had so much fun together. Everytime she would pick a strawberry she would ask, "Is this a perfect one, Mommy?"

Photobucket

Photobucket
This is why I keep Ellie's hair short, so I can see her cute neck. It's my favorite part of her.

Photobucket
So hot today.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
(picture from Jessica Stevenson)

Photobucket
When we got back Cinderella was singing with Barney. Ellie could hardley believe it and as we were leaving she said, "I just want to see Cinderella all day."

4 comments:

Matt and Jessica Stevenson said...

If it gets cool enough i want to go back this week because once we started dipping our strawberries in chocolate they disapeared very quickly. We need more!!

Niels and Kayla said...

That looks like lots of fun, but i bet the heat killed it... i will have to get the directions and go sometime, and next month for the rasberries :) Ellie is so cute...

Vanes said...

It's so fun being out here with you! We have loved getting to know you! Such cute photos of the Strawberry festival! Hopefully we'll see you at the pool this week!
Tam's blog is threlfallmysteries!

Anonymous said...

molly wants to go pick strawberries with ellie.