Saturday, April 11, 2009

i swore i would never do this...

...but I let Ellie indulge her inner princess. I do not like Ariel, Little Mermaid, Belle, or any Disney character really (except Snow White - she seems industrious, and I like her hair). I don't remember even knowing what a princess was when I was little and I didn't like the toy store - too loud and bright. Anyway, Ellie definately does know what princess' are and so what to do? Take her to a Princess Party is what! It was actually really cute, and they taught the girls manners during tea time.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Ellie and Kelty

Photobucket
Molly

Photobucket
Tea Time

Photobucket
Ellie has this problem around strangers - she goes mute. We have been practicing answering when someone like the doctor or a new teacher asked her a question. She loves this role playing where I pretend I am a "different person." Anyway, for the fashion show, she had to tell the girl what her name was so they could annouce, "Princess Ellie!". She did it! What a proud moment. She also told another girl "thank you". The rest of the day she talked about how she never had to be scared again. I love her.

1 comment:

Cammie said...

Yeah! A post! I know you are just living it up and loving it up in NJ, but it is good to see that you still remember your fans, I mean friends.
I am 100% with you on the whole princess thing, (although if I must choose I like Belle, she is intelligent, sacrificing, kind and nonjudgmental. All qualities I need to develop)I remember being embarrassed when someone called me "Princess" as a child. I was not a princess! The are drama and beauty queens.
Ellie and Molly look like they made cute princesses.
Good for Ellie! Talking to strangers can be so hard. So brave of her.
This concludes the longest blog comment in history.